Friday, June 03, 2005

Cell Phone Cozy



I'm playing catch up - this is a cell phone cozy I made. I really like it, even though it's a bit too big. But there are rumors swirling that I'll be getting a new cell phone soon, so I'm not in a hurry to make this over.

I made it in one piece, and my inexperience shows. I should have finished off, then slip stitched to start the tab that holds the phone in. Instead, I just stopped a row short and turned, which makes one side slightly higher than the other. Not a big deal, the thing works, but it offends my symetrical side.


Here's the work in progress - I started from the long skinny side, making it about the width of the phone, and as long as the front of the phone plus the bottom. Then I increased the rows (again - should have finished off!) to make them as wide as the phone's width plus twice the height. Then I added the tab, leaving a button hole. Then to finish, I sc'ed the sides together in a contrasting color. Cute, no? Well, no, but that's OK, I like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home