Monday, June 13, 2005

Shave Ice Tank




OK, for some reason, I've never been content to do things the easy way. I wanted to make a tank top for my daughter, but I couldn't be content to find a pattern and follow it. Nope, I had something in mind, so I would wing it. This is the result, and while it may not have been the easiest way to do it, I'm very happy with the result.


I used TLC Cotton Plus "Princess", with a 4mm hook for the body, and a 3.5mm hook for the straps. I LOVED working with this yarn - it was so soft and didn't curl up at the edges, or split, or anything else obnoxious. I crocheted this side to side, instead of top-down or bottom up, so it has a subtle striping that you can't really see in the pictures. I did a little shaping around the arms, since my daughter (as I am) is on the modest side, and wanted the neckline a bit higher.

I'm really happy with this - it's the first article of clothing that I've made, aside from masses of Barbie clothes when I was a kid.

The colors remind me of Hawaiian Shave Ice, so while I've never named a FO, I've been calling this the Shave Ice Tank.

4 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger none said...

Very nice! I wondered how the TLC worked up. I have a few skeins and must try it out. Your daughter is such a doll.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Jewels said...

Looks really cute!

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent! Love the colors!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

WOO HOO for you!!! you did an absolutely beautiful job... oh and that girl of yours... yum yum she is CUTE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home