Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Shay Shrugs

I'm going nuts. All I want to do is crochet, and why not? When I can get pictures like these...






I loved some of the shrugs I've seen on line, and thought they'd be fun to make. So I talked it up to my daughter, showing her cool pictures and letting her pick out a color.

I used an idea I saw on Craftster via a post on Crochetville. Yes, that's round-a-bout, but that's how life is sometimes. I used LB Microspun in Coral, on a 4mm hook, which is smaller than the recommended size (5mm). I love how soft this yarn is, but it's kind of splitty, if that's a word.

For the headband, I adapted a bookmark pattern - using only 3 dcs instead of 7 in each ch 3 space. The flower came from, hmmmm, Lion Brand, maybe?

Anyway, I've got to stop crocheting so much - I have housework to do, and this is crazy week with kids. The last days of school for both DS and DD, last basketball game, last t-ball game, t-ball party, ballet recital, including one last class and a dress rehearsal. And all this while DH is away for the week. I need some sleep...

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Deb said...

That is just too adorable!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home