Monday, June 20, 2005

Doily in my dreams!

OK, I've been anxiously awaiting the magical 40 posts over at Crochetville that let me participate in the swaps. I reached that level a few days ago, and first thing I did was find the swaps forum, only to see that the only available swap was for doilies. Doilies! The Mt. Everest of Thread.

Fine. I'm a strong person. I have given birth - twice. I have negotiated the New York Subway from Manhattan to Queens. I drove the length of the Baja Peninsula. I dove with sharks in chum-infested water. I can crochet a doily, dammit.

So, getting out my one steel hook (which I had bought in an optimistic yarn-induced frenzy), and a ball of size 10 thread, and a pattern down-loaded from Michaels, I commenced to drive myself crazy with a practice doily.



And here is the result. I'm not sure which thread this is, because I've had it for a while, and I threw the wrapper away. Now I need to do it again, only better, because this one doesn't exactly look like the pattern, and bigger, because this one is only about 5 inches across on a humid day. I need to invest in a doily book. And maybe I could replace that fraying dresser set I have in my bedroom. Because, oddly enough, call me crazy, it was... fun.

6 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Jewels said...

Your thread doily looks great. I lovvvve the thread color!

 
At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, very unique blog you have! I was looking for free knitting patterns related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a free knitting patterns site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Please visit and enjoy!

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks good :) Thread can be very addicting. I went through a long period of doing doilies before I started up with yarn. I think it's about time to do it again because they've all been given away as gifts already!

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger stefndawniy said...

hope you don't mind me popping in , it's lovely, i must get better at crochet :)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Beautiful! It's a keeper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home